Position: Industrial Painter - Day/Night Shifts Available
Posted on: Jan 13, 2022
Job contact: Lori Mitzel
Location: Hillsboro, ND
- Paint components according to Degelman Industry standards, free of runs and to the proper dry mill standards.
- Inspect product prior to painting to ensure it is properly cleaned, as well as all welds complete.
- Flush out paint system at the end of the day, as well as prior to color change.
- Sample test paint to ensure it has the right density and ensure pumps are mixing product accurately.
- Perform paint touch ups on the assembly lines as required.
- Meet or exceed production efficiency standards by performing overall quality check throughout the paint process.
- Utilize a wet mil gauge during the paint process to determine proper paint thickness on all coats of paint.
- Test paint thickness with a dry mil gauge after paint is cured.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization in paint area and in the shop.
- Ensure safety requirements are followed with utmost importance.
- Previous experience working on powder coating or liquid coating lines is desired but not required.
- Knowledge of plural component paint systems.
- Have a good understanding of different paints, thinners and catalyst to ensure the correct products are used together.
- Capable of operating a forklift and crane.
- High level of commitment to accuracy and detail.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and take direction with a positive attitude.
- Effective listener, approachable and considerate.
- Punctual with great attendance.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 75 lbs.
- Employee is required to stand for longer periods of time.
- Visual acuity, close vision is required.
- Ability to use ladders (2ft – 10ft).
Degelman is an equal opportunity employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Employment Term: full-time