Position: Whitney Plasma Punch Operator
Posted on: Feb 28, 2023
Closes on: Mar 31, 2023 - 12:00 AM
Job contact: Cathy Hatle
Location: Regina SK
Purpose of the Job:
- To cut a variety of steel plate using a punch/plasma cutting system.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Must be able to read tape measures, protractor, and blueprints.
- Ensure parts are cut with good edge quality and within specified tolerances.
- Set up and install punches and consumables.
- Load, alter, and run CNC programs.
- Identify and solve mechanical problems through a CNC controller.
Must meet or exceed production standards
Other duties and responsibilities:
- Operate a forklift.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be able to perform calculations such as; work offsets, die clearances, and kerf adjustments.
- Must be able to use precision measuring instruments.
- Must be able to achieve a 70% on a written exam.
- Heavy lifting.
- Production Line Manufacturing.
- This position requires shift work.
Employment Term: full-time