Position: Shot Blast Operator - Day/Night Shifts Available
Posted on: Jan 13, 2022
Job contact: Lori Mitzel
Location: Hillsboro, ND
Job Function 1: Shot blast
- Operate the blast booth at a rate that allows the production line to maintain throughput.
- Inspect, chip, caulk and prepare fabricated components prior to painting.
- Hang fabricated components in a manner that allows the operator to blast efficiently and thoroughly.
- Hang and remove parts from the paint line.
Job Function 2: Assemble
- Ability to read drawings, blueprints and manuals to assemble the products.
- Apply decals and assemble product.
- Capable of operating power and hand tools in a safe manner.
- Ability to complete work orders accurately and legibly.
- Previous experience in shot blast, sand blast or in a painting environment is desired but not required.
- Must be mechanically inclined.
- Capable of operating a forklift and crane.
- Ability to use precision-measuring tools accurately.
- High level of commitment to accuracy and detail.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and take direction with a positive attitude.
- Effective listener, approachable and considerate.
- Punctual with great attendance.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 75 lbs.
- Employee is required to stand for longer periods of time.
- Visual acuity, close vision is required.
- Ability to use ladders (2ft – 10ft) and read a tape measure.
**This position requires wearing protective breathing apparel including a mask and headgear. The blasting gun disperses pressures of up to 100 psi.
Degelman is an equal opportunity employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Employment Term: full-time