Position: Welder - Night Shift
Posted on: Jan 13, 2022
Job contact: Lori Mitzel
Location: Hillsboro, ND
- Read and understand blueprints and weld symbols.
- Fabricate parts for proper fitment using a cutting torch or grinder.
- Grind, cut and/or clean-up work.
- Understand how to set welder parameters on a MIG machine.
- Ability to use a fixture for effective part holding when tacking/welding.
- Flip and rig parts while operating a crane.
- Perform crane inspections daily.
- Inspect and measure parts when tacking/welding.
- Scrape spatter.
- Perform overall quality check on finished part.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization in weld area and in the shop.
- Ensure safety requirements are followed with utmost importance.
- One year welding course or two years equivalent work experience.
- High level of commitment to accuracy and detail.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Read a tape measure, use a square and level to achieve part specs.
- Ability to work in a team environment and take direction with a positive attitude.
- Effective listener, approachable and considerate.
- Punctual with great attendance.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 75 lbs.
- Employee is required to stand for longer periods of time.
- Visual acuity, close vision is required.
- Ability to use ladders (2ft – 10ft).
Degelman is an equal opportunity employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Employment Term: full-time